New Delhi: (Press Release) Covid-19 has been an eye-opener and yardstick to see how dynamic, flexible, and modern your education system is. In India, over 32 crore students have been affected byCovid-19. About 13 crore students from classes 9-12 are severely affected. Dropout students have increased especially among the girls. India has adopted The National Education Policy (NEP 2020), which envisions the needs for young aspiring India. Following the NEP, this will set India to become a Global Knowledge Centre.
To deliberate on such issues, The Policy Times and Shiv Nadar University are jointly organizing a 3-Days virtual conference – the World Education Conference (WEC2021 online) between Friday, 15 January 2021 and Sunday, 17 January 2021 from 2pm-8pm(IST) on Zoom. WEC2021 aims to bring the world’s educators ona single platform and discuss a new direction to education in 2021. The Conference will feature discussion son the Post-Covid recovery roadmap of education losses occurred in 2020, NEP 2020 implementation roadmap, Sustainable E-learning, and most importantly, education-industry integration.
The Conference is supported by India’s leading organizations including East India’s best private university – Adamas University, Kolkata; Haryana’s best engineering college – Mewat Engineering College; Best technical institute of Malegaon – Maulana Mukhtar Ahmad Nadvi Technical Campus (MMANTC), one of India’s philanthropic business families – Hamdard National Foundation (HECA) and Business & Employment Bureau (BEB Delhi) supported by Hamdard National Foundation (HECA), Rajasthan’s Sunrise University in Alwar ;education innovator, Smart Study Platform, Board Room Solutions providers – iTeltronics Pvt Ltd. & leading manufacturer, packager, marketer of incense sticks and perfumes in India – Rocket Agarbatty Company and Anees Classes which has been providing Education Service to thousands of students for over 29 years.
Hon’ble Shri. Manish Sisodia, Deputy Chief Minister & Hon’ble Education Minister of Delhi will be the Chief Guest of the Inaugural Session, Shri. S Rajen Singh, Hon’ble Minister of Education, Government of Manipur and Shri. Govind Singh Thakur, Hon’ble Education Minister of Himachal Pradesh arethe Guests of Honours.Educators from many countries will join and interact with the esteemed national and international speakers from policymakers, educators, ambassadors, education foundations, industrialists, etc.
Renowned educationists and education sympathizers would join and share their views. Some of them include –
- Binod Kumar Chaudhary, Nepalese Billionaire, Businessman and Philanthropist & Chairman & President of The Chaudhary Group (CG)
- Anil Sahasrabudhe, Chairman, AICTE
- K.K. Aggarwal, Chairman, NBA
- E. (Mr.) Hector Cueva, Ambassador, Ecuador to India
- Prof V.K. Malhotra, Member Secretary, Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)
- Hamid Ahmed, Chancellor, JamiaHamdard University, Secretary Hamdard National Foundation, CEO, Hamdard Laboratories, India
- HanifQureshi IPS, IGP of Haryana Police, Secretary Dept of Renewable Energy, Govt. of Haryana
- Mohammed Shayin IAS, MD, HPGCL &CEO, Haryana Waqf Board,
- V K Agarwal, Chairperson, Sunrise University Alwar,
- Suresh Kumar Soni, Hon’ble Chairman, Himachal Pradesh Board of School
- Mahua Das, President of West Bengal Council of H.S Education
Renowned educationists of India – Prof (Dr.) Bhimaraya Metri, Director, Indian Institute of Management, Nagpur; Prof. (Dr) Rupamanjari Ghosh, Vice-Chancellor of Shiv Nadar University (Greater NOIDA) and Prof. Ujjawal K Chowdhury, Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Adamas University are the Co-Conveners of the mega Conference and Mr Akram Hoque, Founder Editor of The Policy Times is the Organising Secretary.
The conference will focus on creating ‘a roadmap for sustainable engagement of students in digital education’, and will highlight some of the common challenges faced, solutions provided, and lessons learned during the Covid-19 crisis in ensuring continuity of inclusive quality learning and wellbeing for all children, it will bring synergy between institutions providing education in rural and urban; rich and poor; Senior secondary and higher education; domestic and international and so on by focusing the outcomes of making the National Education Policy a reality, will help to create the roadmap for bridging the relation between academia and industry, A workable roadmap for sustainable education through local and global partnerships to transform Indian education from Good to Better.
The World Education Conference Online will hold 4 sessions each day and will cover the following sessions,
– National Education Policy 2020- Future of Education & Implementation Roadmap
– World’s Best Educational Systems – Global Best Practices & Accreditation
– Building New India – Education –Industry Integration
– Digital Disruption in Education
-Grassroot Education Providers and Their Best Practices
– Framework for Safe Campus and Curriculum Rationalization
– Women in Education
– Making Asia Global Education Hub
– Regional Integration and Cross-Border Education